Monday, October 15, 2007

Civil War

I'm back...(not that anyone reads this)

Since my hiatus from the Pit, I've been rediscovering my love of illustrated sequential novels, better known as Comic Books. It's been three years since I bought an issue of Spider-Man or the Avengers and I had no idea what to expect. I had heard about Marvel's Civil War series of books, which is their allegory to the way America has handled the War on Terror and the subsequent Patriot Act. While it was well done in some aspects, other parts of it seemed to be thrown together (sort of like the Patriot Act and War on Terror).

However, the big shock of the series was the killing off of Captain America after his arrest at the end of Civil War. I can understand that you want to do something shocking to get the readers attention, but in today's environment do you really want to kill off the symbol of what the country stands for? Just a thought.

2 comments:

binnall said...

Good to see the Pit back up and running, Primus.

Looking forward to your future postings.

Stick with it, bud, it takes time to build an audience.

Anonymous said...

Well said.