Thursday, May 24, 2007

Meds: 1, Me: 0

So after deciding I needed to go to the doctor and get something done for my ear infection, I gave his office a call. My doctor is a really good guy and just by listening to the symptoms over the phone he had enough samples of the antibiotic that he was going to prescibe to me waiting for me at the nurses desk. This helps me out a lot since I am on disability from a stroke I suffered and don't have any insurance. So not only was my medication free, I wasn't charged for an office visit.

I get my meds delivered to me by my mom who volunteered to go and pick them up and read the directions. One pill, four times a day. Ok, no problem there. So I take the first pill when I got them and promptly zonked out. My mom woke me up about 10 pm to make sure i take another one. I do and the same thing happens, I fall fast asleep. This same senerio repeats itself up until about three hours prior to me writing this. And the only reason I haven't dozed off yet is I haven't taken one since I woke up. (Which I will as soon as I finish this up)

I had forgotten how antibiotics affect me. Whereas most people take them and nothing happens, I am knocked out by them. I always have reacted this way to them, I don't know why, but it happens. Strangely, when a medication says "May cause drowziness", I am up for days after taking it. Maybe my body chemistry is out of whack or maybe it's a psychosomatic response. Who knows?

But, I know that I basically have lost two days over it, but it's worth it not to have that pain inside my ear canal and my jaw. I'll oly get a few hours of sleep since I want to wake up and put my nieces wagon together for her birthday today.

Her nana and papa (my mom and dad) got her a little red wagon and a swimming pool for her birthday. I got her one of those kiddie push cars that have all the electronic sounds like a horn and sirens and other stuff on it and a DVD of "Monster House" (I figure I can watch that one with her). Her party is going to be tomorrow afternoon since her mom has to work on her birthday (she works in a hospital so it's hard to take off), but being the traditionalist, I decided we will give her her presents today on her birthday.

I lost a few days over this stupid ear infection, but at least now I can actually take her outside and play with her with her new stuff. So i guess it worked out for the best. First birthday's only happen once and I want it to be special for her.

No comments: